Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Caprese Salad

It's been the most brutal dog days of summer in Toronto I have ever experienced. It's hot and humid to a certain level. I don't know about you, to me venturing outside is like going into a sauna and I feel my whole body start melting a little bit by every step I take. However, I am well understood that how short a summer can be. One minute I am complaining and the next minute I will be whining about cold weather and how much I miss the summer. So I won't complain. Instead I made this refreshing Caprese salad using the freshest ingredients to enjoy this hot summer that I've been craving for.

Caprese Salad
serves 2

2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
fresh mozzarella ball, sliced 1/4" thick
handful of fresh basil leaves, washed and spun dry
extra virgin olive oil
fine sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste

  On a large plate to arrange tomato, mozzarella slices and basil leaves by overlapping them. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper to season.

No comments:

Post a Comment