Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY Panel Moldings


I always admire the exquisite molding details in older homes. It's amazing to see how simple moldings can bring a sense of elegance and tons of characters to a room. Our apartment is not a new built, however its lack of architectural details makes the apartment looks really plain and boring despite how hard I tried to style it.

Earlier this year I got some big size pictures from Moveline, a hotel liquidation place in Oakville. The purpose of purchasing the pictures is to use the frames. (Originally I planed to do the framed wallpaper look by painting orange and white zig-zags by myself on paper and then put the painted frame on top. Apparently after almost 5 months, it's still not happening.) By taking out the picture and glass and paint the picture frame the same color as our bedroom wall color, I made my own panel moldings for the bedroom. After I taped the frames (by using heavy duty double sided tape) on the wall and all of sudden our rental apartment bedroom finally got the oh-so-charming look.


Pictures I got from Moveline Hotel Liquidation

After few coats of paint

Voilà


No comments:

Post a Comment