Monday, May 16, 2011

Feng Shui - Another Way To Look At De-cluttering

(Nope...It's not my study in the picture)
There is always a neglected space in every single home..even in the most organized clutter free home. In some houses it might be the garage, some may be the basement or the kitchen. In my home it's the study (and maybe a tiny bit of problem with the entry). First I have to state that I am organized but not the neat freak type (except with the kitchen and bathroom). I do have the problem of returning stuff back to its original place ever since I was a little kid. That's okay because I always clean it up within 2 days if not on the same day. However the study is a completely different story. We have moved in our apartment for more than 5 months and this room only got cleaned up once which was a month ago. The picture below is actually taken at its better state and I also tried my best not to show all the mess on the desk.
My mom is very devoted to the philosophy of Feng Shui. After all the years I've heard enough things like mirror should be hung facing the bed, your bed shouldn't be positioned directly to the door or close to the window...,etc. Instinctively I wonder what kind of impact my messy study would bring to my life (For those of you who are not familiar with the term, Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese system of designing buildings and space or furniture arrangement according to special rules about the flow of energy; aimed at to improve positive vibes and remove the negative ones). That's why last night I spent almost two hours on google trying to study the map of Feng Shui.
Comparing this map (fame-south, career-north) to my apartment floor plan, my study would fall into the knowledge area. Maybe that would explain I've only used the study no more that five times or even touched any books on the bookshelves(not magazines) ever since we moved in, even though a study was on our must-have list when we were looking for an apartment. As a half believer, to me it certainly doesn't hurt to accept the idea of having a clean organized home can also boost the positive energy flow in my life. It even feels like getting a bonus point to me every time I try to clean up. After all home is everyone's sanctuary. Who wouldn't want to keep it clutter free?

No comments:

Post a Comment