Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Spell Of Noir

Lately I found myself being drawn to black color in interior decorating (no, I'm not gothic). Usually I'm not the type that would get shied away from colors, but I have to admit that to paint a wall black had never crossed my mind before. Maybe it's the grey color trend in interior for the past few years has helped me to adapt to black. Once I had my mind open, I started falling under its spell. I know it takes a lot of guts to paint a room dark, let alone black color. As I always tell people that dark color doesn't necessarily make a space smaller. It's relevant to how the furnitures are arranged and how other colors in the room coordinates with each other. If you want to introduce a bold color to the room without overpowering, you can always do an accent wall.

Notice how the black wall in the picture below, expands the room by visually pushed that wall further away and defines that dining area.
 

Back to the black color. Black, white and grey are the neutrals on the color wheel. It goes well with any other colors and it doesn't add any noise to your color scheme. It's calm and can be used in any room. It's bold and it accentuates other colors by bringing high contrast. Depends on the texture, it can be glamorous when it's glossy or even earthy when it's matte.







1 comment:


  1. India's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home. cheap storage units

    ReplyDelete