Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easy Project

After
Before
Today I was supposed to work on the Ikea shoe cabinet that I got two weeks ago and I actually got quite excited for this little project. I've already picked up 120grit and 220grit sandpapers, a neat rubber sanding block, ebony color wood stain and polyurethane from Canadian Tire. This morning I jumped out of bed at 8am and can't wait to start to get my hands dirty...not until I opened up the furniture package...hmm... pressboards! How could I even forget in the first place that a $30 Ikea shoe cabinet wouldn't be anything made of real wood?!

After 5 seconds of self blaming, I decided to do a easy project just to cheer myself up. This Ikea Expedit Console table was bought for only $50 on a Wacky Wednesday Sale night more than a month ago. It is a nice piece considering the price. However because the lighting condition in the hallway isn't that optimum and the dark color of this console isn't helping at all. To make it alive again, I used some leftover wallpaper from my old bedroom. All I did just cut the paper and put it under the glass. No glue or water was even needed! There you go, an eyesore is finally pleasing the eyes now. And now I shall make another trip to Canadian Tire to do some exchange...arghh



No comments:

Post a Comment