Thursday, April 21, 2011

Simple Sautéed Zucchini With Garlic And Chili


When it comes to vegetable, most of the time I would prefer it to be warm and cooked than a cold salad (not saying that I don't like salad). And I believe with fresh produce the best way to cook it is probably by using simple ingredients and minimal cooking time. So that the freshness and the distinct taste of the produce will be well kept. When I got these zucchinis from the farmer's market, I already know how I would prepare it. I've been using this recipe for years and I've also seen my parents using this recipe so many times with other vegetables.

Sautéed Zucchini With Garlic And Chili
serves 2 - 4

2 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
2 medium zucchini, halved and then thinly sliced
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
Fine grain sea salt
1 table spoon light soy sauce (optional)

  • Heat up the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook until it starts to take a hint of color.
  • Add the zucchini, stir to get it coated with oil evenly for 5 minutes.
  • Add the chili, soy sauce and pinch of salt. Stir occasionally. Cook until zucchini starts to brown a little bit - 5 minutes or so. Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment