Monday, April 18, 2011

Few Things That Made Me Happy Last Weekend

1. Dogs!

Yup, we had three dogs in our apartment last Sunday! They were brought over by my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for a visit. Even though Benjamin (the toy poodle) marked his territory on my bed right away when he noticed that no one was watching, it was absolutely joyful walking them to the park (despite the miserable weather) and watching them lying down side by side on the floor. By the end of the day, I had to put my nerdy glasses on Roda for a picture because she just looked too cute with that accessory!


2. Farmer's Market

I go to St. Lawrence Market (south market) quite often but not the farmer's market (north market) due to many reasons. Usually it's just because I can't get up that early on a Saturday. Anyways finally for the first time this year we made it to the farmer's market and as always I was happily surprised by the reasonable price and freshness of the produce. We got a week worth of vegetables for only $35!


3. Organized Apartment

What's the benefit of having your mother-in-law for a visit? Get your husband to clean the whole place inside out! It feels good to have a spring clean-up and it definitely feels much better to have it done by someone else.


4. Tulips


Tulips are one of my favorite spring flowers. It's such a sweet coincidence that I got few tulips from the farmer's market on Saturday and then on Sunday I received two pots of tulips as gifts from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.


5. Black Camel's Sandwich

This beautiful juicy beef brisket sandwich from Black Camel Cafe ( 4 Crescent Road, Toronto) totally worthed a 30min's walk in a spring snow storm.

Hope you all had a great weekend too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment