Monday, April 11, 2011

Something that I Found

Before (image's taken from movelineliquidations.com)

After

Well this really old newspaper isn't something that I found. It's from my husband's grandfather. Earlier this year I found this awesome frame from a hotel liquidation place in Oakville (Moveline Liquidation). Out the kitschy print and topped with a coat of fresh paint, doesn't this frame look ever so wonderful with the newspaper?

Anyways, this Daily Express was published on May 31, 1940. What amazed me the most is not the interesting World War II coverage on the front page or the shockingly low price of the paper (which is only one penny!!).

It's the Guinness ad grabbed all my attentions. Unlike what the beer industry likes to do nowadays by using sexism in advertising to sell, this 1940 Guinness ad simply stated "Good for Strength" with a smiley face framed inside the glass...tell me who doesn't want a glass of beer now?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing informative blog and its so useful and helpful...Hotel furniture...like it very .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment. I'm glad that u enjoy reading the blog. Thanks for the support:)

    ReplyDelete